Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Parameters to a Vault Excel Sheet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1318 Views, 4 Replies

Link Parameters to a Vault Excel Sheet

I am making an assembly where I wanted to use an excel sheet to link common paramters between the parts. I know how to do it for just my single system, but I am wanting to have all the parts and the excel sheet stored in my vault server. Is there anyway to link the parameter list to the excel file stored in the vault or how can I go about having a common file that everybody can access.

What I am worried about is if the excel file is located on my computer and someone tries to open a part on another machine, it will not find the excel parameters and everything crash.

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Instead of have the file apart, you can embed it inside the ipt or iam.
The excel file will be in the Browser inside " Third party" folder.

1.png

This way, your ipt or iam can be opened in any PC and will be no problems about the link with the excel file. Try it

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Would I be able to use the same excel file on multiple parts though. I want multiple files to be using the sames excel file and if I changed it all the files change. Can I still do that if it's embeded?
Message 4 of 5
csaba.stupak

Another solution is to create an empty part and define here your parameters. You can use this part to link (or derive) its parameters to any part/assembly file.

Thanks, Csaba

Message 5 of 5
CCarreiras

Hi!

If you have all the parts you want to control  in the assembly, yes, you can command all the parts variables using the excel.

Isn't directly, the excel gives the values to assembly Parameters table, and then the assembly will send this variables for the parts. Works well.

I finished to use excel a couple of years, there is some methods you can do like the one csaba.stupak told you , or using iLogic.

If you have the parts apart one assembly, of course you must have the excel outside for use in each part you want.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report