Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line width in 3d wireframe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
fKorde
2458 Views, 7 Replies

Line width in 3d wireframe

Hi all,

I am looking for a settings which can change the width of the line in 3d wireframe. Some of my users find that too thin.
I've looked into application's options and in the registry. I can change almost anything but not that width.

Does any of you allready tried?

Thank's for help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: fKorde

Are you talking about in an IPT or IAM when Visual Style is "Wireframe" or in a view placed into an IDW?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
JDMather

...or are you talking about 3D sketch?

You see how more information is needed.

Post screen shots when appropriate to illustrate problem statements (and/or actual Invetentor files).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
fKorde
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi,
Thanks for answering. 
You're right, i'm not enough precis. I'm talking about "an IPT or IAM when Visual Style is "Wireframe"" 
Any ideas? 

Message 5 of 8
jackcasdorph2XTA6

I need to know this too

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: jackcasdorph2XTA6

@jackcasdorph2XTA6

The only thing I know of is the ability to change sketch geometry line thickness.. But thats it..

You can change the sketch line thickness through the "Inventor Color Scheme Editor" which you need to install and its typically located in C://users/public/public documents/Autodesk/Autodesk 2017/SDK folder and then double click on usertools.msi to install those tools.. Then once installation is done go to the UserTools folder created in that location then ColorSchemeEditor folder then Bin folder and double click on the InventorColorSchemeEditor.exe program..

Once there pick your version of Inventor (its registry version 21 for Inventor 2017) and then pick the color scheme they are using..

Then make sure 3d documents is selected and scroll down till you find "3D thick line" and "3D thin line" an adjust accordingly then hit save.. 

When you reopen Inventor now your sketch lines will be thicker but thats it..

There "may" be a Windows registry setting that can be adjusted but I don't know where/if there is one in there..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 7 of 8

@jackcasdorph2XTA6 wrote:

I need to know this too

It looks like your actual problem is pretty easy.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/change-wireframe-line-weight-on-ipt-or-iam...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

@jackcasdorph2XTA6 wrote:

I need to know this too

It looks like your actual problem is pretty easy.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/change-wireframe-line-weight-on-ipt-or-iam/m-p/6365189/highlight/false#M598590

yep.. now that we have the fully story from that post JD has your answer for you.. But yes it does require creating a quick drawing of your view which should just take a few seconds for each view..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report