Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line visibility through solid parts

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1367 Views, 3 Replies

Line visibility through solid parts

The problem I am having is this:  I am working on a cylindrical part, and I need to CAD an internal feature for the part.  I set up a parallel plane at the point within the geometry that the feature is to be located, and am attempting to sketch the profile of the part using the 2D sketch feature.  However, the lines that I am sketching are not visible through the rest of the existing cylinder, for example, if I have draw a 30 mm line from the centre point of a 20mm radius cylinder, only the final 10 mm of the line will be shown.  While the line is still functional, it is highly inconvenient when trying to sketch these features, they are difficult to work with as I can not see them through the part.  Is there any way to set the defaut visibility for 2D sketches to be so that they are visible through solid parts?  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

F7

or

Wirefram Visual Style

or

a transparent color to part.

I prefer F7, occasionally set part to transparent color.

In later versions (2012/2013) you can also create a section view and view rep.

View Rep.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, I didn't realize that you could turn it into a section view with F7.  

Message 4 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Slice graphics is the term. It's a little different from a section. Just a technicality, but I've always thought it's important to get terminology correct.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report