Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader in Sketched Symbol

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Josy05
2681 Views, 5 Replies

Leader in Sketched Symbol

Hello,

Today I discovered a very simple feature that can be very practical. Adding a leader by checking a box when inserting a sketched symbol. My problem is regarding the leader start point. Can we change the justification of the leader or text, so it does not finish centered on my text? I want the leader to connect outside the text box to correspond to our presentation standards.

Thanks.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Inventor Professional 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
Josy05
in reply to: cbenner

ChrisB,

Yes of course. See attached.

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Josy05

Hi again,  thanks for the picture.  I think I have something.

Place an instance of ths symbol, right click on it and choose Edit Definition.  Now you're in the sketch.  First make sure that your text is justified the way you want (right, left etc)  not sure how this will work with center justified text, but for a note like this I doubt you'd want that anyway.

Pick the point in the sketch that is the insertion point of the text, and select "Set Insertion Point Grip".

symbol.JPG

Then save the symbol, it will ask if you want to overwrite so say yes.  Now this point becomes the point where the leader will attach when you place the symbol.

Message 5 of 6
Josy05
in reply to: cbenner

ChrisB,

This would have been the solution but my insertion point grip icon is not accessible when in sketch mode??

Josee Laplante
BIM Drafting Technician

AutoCAD 2016
Vault Professional 2016
Revit 2014
Message 6 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Josy05

ins.JPG

Do you see something like this when you edit definition on the symbol?  Pick this, then use the Insertion Grip tool.  If this is not working, something else may be going on.  If so, place the symbol in an empty drawing and post it here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report