Valued Contributor JM.
Valued Contributor
JM.
Message 1 of 8 (873 Views)
Accepted Solution

Leader Text

873 Views, 7 Replies
02-11-2011 10:35 AM

I want to change the leader text and lines to a unique color however the 'Style' button is grayed out in the format text box.  Also any attempts to change the line color results in a global change.  Is there another location within Inventor for changing the leader style?

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 8 (870 Views)

Re: Leader Text

02-11-2011 10:37 AM in reply to: JM.

Did you try Manage/Styles Editor?

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Valued Contributor JM.
Valued Contributor
JM.
Message 3 of 8 (860 Views)

02-11-2011 10:47 AM in reply to: JM.

That solved the line color & arrow formatting but not the text format issue.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 8 (845 Views)

02-11-2011 11:37 AM in reply to: JM.

In Styles Editor, create or edit a Text Style that includes the text formatting you want.  Then create or edit a  Dimension style that uses that Text style.  Then go to Object Defaults and find "Leader Text" and assign that Dimension Style to it.  Between these things you should be able to get any combination you want for your leaders and text.

ChrisB

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Valued Contributor JM.
Valued Contributor
JM.
Message 5 of 8 (834 Views)

02-11-2011 12:04 PM in reply to: cbenner

A little convoluted, but it works.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 6 of 8 (831 Views)

02-11-2011 12:08 PM in reply to: JM.

i agree, but all these different options end up giving you a lot more flexibility long term, you can make almost infinite combinations that let you completely customize your drawings.

ChrisB

Valued Contributor JM.
Valued Contributor
JM.
Message 7 of 8 (813 Views)

02-11-2011 12:36 PM in reply to: JM.

The 'object defaults' is an area that I never investigated - now that I know it is there it should be the key to changing a few other things  that I couln't isolate before.

Thanks.

**Master
BMiller63
Message 8 of 8 (807 Views)

02-11-2011 12:52 PM in reply to: JM.

Joel.McKone wrote:

The 'object defaults' is an area that I never investigated - now that I know it is there it should be the key to changing a few other things  that I couln't isolate before.

Thanks.

this may help:

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/files/20301_20400/20363/file_20363.pdf

I used to struggle with Inventor styles too, but after you understand what's going on, they're suppressing intuitive.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube