Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leader Text

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JoelMckone
3122 Views, 9 Replies

Leader Text

I want to change the leader text and lines to a unique color however the 'Style' button is grayed out in the format text box.  Also any attempts to change the line color results in a global change.  Is there another location within Inventor for changing the leader style?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 3 of 10
JoelMckone
in reply to: JoelMckone

That solved the line color & arrow formatting but not the text format issue.

Message 4 of 10
cbenner

In Styles Editor, create or edit a Text Style that includes the text formatting you want.  Then create or edit a  Dimension style that uses that Text style.  Then go to Object Defaults and find "Leader Text" and assign that Dimension Style to it.  Between these things you should be able to get any combination you want for your leaders and text.

Message 5 of 10
JoelMckone
in reply to: cbenner

A little convoluted, but it works.

Message 6 of 10
cbenner

i agree, but all these different options end up giving you a lot more flexibility long term, you can make almost infinite combinations that let you completely customize your drawings.

Message 7 of 10
JoelMckone

The 'object defaults' is an area that I never investigated - now that I know it is there it should be the key to changing a few other things  that I couln't isolate before.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 10
BMiller63

@joel.McKone wrote:

The 'object defaults' is an area that I never investigated - now that I know it is there it should be the key to changing a few other things  that I couln't isolate before.

Thanks.

this may help:

http://mfgcommunity.autodesk.com/files/20301_20400/20363/file_20363.pdf

I used to struggle with Inventor styles too, but after you understand what's going on, they're suppressing intuitive.

Message 9 of 10
blessing86
in reply to: cbenner

@cbenner any idea why it's attached to a dimension instead of a text style? I mean it is leader text isn't it?

Message 10 of 10
cbenner
in reply to: blessing86

@blessing86 

It's been that way pretty much since the beginning.  I can only guess what the original developers were thinking, but my guess is that they saw a leader note as being a part of the dimension family.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report