Inventor General

Distinguished Contributor
Qube-it
Message 1 of 3 (106 Views)

Kudos on Multi-Body Part modeling

106 Views, 2 Replies
08-10-2009 03:02 PM
I started using this functionality as soon as I got my hands on the 2010 release (back in April) and I wanted to give "mad props" to the Inventor Product Management team. As an atypical user, this functionality, in addition to the sketch blocks functionality, has expanded the way I use Inventor. It's intuitive and as a "first release" is acting very predictable from an end user perspective.

I just had to re-do a 50 part static model that I originally did with Inventor 2008 (updating the assembly to new standards & components). This assembly had multiple configurations and I did it in less than half the time it took for me to model it originally. That's a positive step forward in my book.

You guys (Inventor Product Management Team) get plenty of flack here on the forums (I've given my fair share) and I just wanted to give credit where credit was due (bad & good). :smileyhappy:

-Brian Hall-
-Brian Hall-
Distinguished Contributor
Josh_Petitt
Message 2 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: Kudos on Multi-Body Part modeling

08-10-2009 05:38 PM in reply to: Qube-it
Yes, I'd agree the multibody work flow is the software feature that will cause the most change in the very near future. Very well implemented and consistent across all the part modelling commands.
Employee
kattetg
Message 3 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: Kudos on Multi-Body Part modeling

08-11-2009 09:28 AM in reply to: Qube-it
Brian & Josh,

Its nice to know that you are happy with these new sets of functionality and to hear that they are making a real difference to your productivity.

Gautham Kattethota,
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube