Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kfactor Value for Nickel Alloy 200

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
J.Gibson
431 Views, 3 Replies

Kfactor Value for Nickel Alloy 200

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011

Sheet Metal

I need to know the Kfactor to use for folding and unfolding Nickel Alloy 200 - 1/4 hard.

Can any one help me?

Jason Gibson

Eldre Corp.

Design Engineer / New Product Development

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: J.Gibson

That's not a question anyone here can really answer for you. There's many many variables involved with sheetmetal work. The best thing you can do is cut some sample parts, measure the blanks, bend them, and then measure the results and see how much material you're losing.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr

No because K factor is actually equipment/process dependant.(air bending/bottoming,etc..)

Simply don't provide a flat pattern.. Let the sheet metal vendor provide you with parts that meet the formed drawing dimensions.

In my opinion flat patterns are only for in-house fabrication.. ie you KNOW the K factor because you just went back there and formed a piece on the press brake yourself or you already have a known K factor to use.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
dick_upton

Jason,

They're right about this. Lots of factors. Your kfactor will be somewhere between 0.20 and 0.60, but only you can determine the kfactor for your application if you know how it is being bent, the thickness, etcetera.

Over the years, this guide has served me well man: www.ciri.org.nz/bendworks/bending.pdf

Read it thru, then have the supplier shear some 4x4 squares of the subject material, and have them bend it 90 degrees. Do more than one so you can average the numbers you measure. The guide will tell you how to get the right kfactor . . .

I hope this helps you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums