Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard shortcuts for VBA macros not remembered

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MSengr
683 Views, 3 Replies

Keyboard shortcuts for VBA macros not remembered

Hello,

If I set a keyboard shortcut for a macro, it will function properly until the session is closed. When Inventor is opened again, the shortcut will not be on the keyboard customization list. So far, all shortcuts for regular Inventor functions, and even Add-Ins, will stay present when the session is closed and opened. I've been able to reproduce this on a co-worker's computer, so I don't believe it is an issue related to my system.

I have searched for a solution to this problem and haven't found a definitive answer. It seems to have been an issue for some in the past. Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Forgot to add, using Inventor 2012

Thanks,

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
K.Luge
in reply to: MSengr

This may not help you with macros, but...

For the past 10 months or so, I've needed to reload my mapkeys every morning.   We finally installed 2013 (brand new computers, even) and I see the problem remains.   So what I *still* do, is (from Tools->Customize->Keyboard)  export my key maps and then - *every* morning I import them. 

This is usually done while shaking my head in disbelief that Autodesk allows these bugs to go on forever.  They're the roach-hotel of software.

Message 3 of 4
MSengr
in reply to: K.Luge

So far that is the only viable work around for macro shortcuts that I have found as well. It is hard to believe that such a seemingly simple bug like this still exists with no solution. It's funny trying to explain to my co-workers how much time they'll save with these macros and then explaining they'll have to take a couple minutes every morning to import their keyboard shortcut file. It's a tool for ease of use that isn't easy to use.

Anyways - thanks for the suggestion. I suppose I'll add this to my morning routine as well.

Message 4 of 4
AJK2010
in reply to: MSengr

Same here, if i use alias (type) it wil be remembered, if it is an shortcut it won't.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report