Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

K-Factor Explanation made easy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jmartz13
375 Views, 6 Replies

K-Factor Explanation made easy

I have been given the painstaking task to calculate K-factors for our materials. The trick is that we deal only in refractory metals and I have yet to see any published data or literature to support testing that has already been done. So with that task at hand, my company fabricates everything in-house. I have used this site for its wealth of information and also www.eng-tips.com another one of my favorites. See attached diagram for calculating your own K-factors.
It was difficult to find a one-page diagram that was self-explanatory and that anyone could understand it by looking at it.
Good Luck.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jmartz13

Another helpful site: http://www.massey.ac.nz/~odiegel/bendworks/ I like the Bendwork calculator. Wolfe "jmartz13" wrote in message news:2998014.1104787362745.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been given the painstaking task to calculate K-factors for our materials. The trick is that we deal only in refractory metals and I have yet to see any published data or literature to support testing that has already been done. So with that task at hand, my company fabricates everything in-house. I have used this site for its wealth of information and also www.eng-tips.com another one of my favorites. See attached diagram for calculating your own K-factors. > It was difficult to find a one-page diagram that was self-explanatory and that anyone could understand it by looking at it. > Good Luck.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, Where is the diagram?? Bill "jmartz13" wrote in message news:2998014.1104787362745.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I have been given the painstaking task to calculate K-factors for our materials. The trick is that we deal only in refractory metals and I have yet to see any published data or literature to support testing that has already been done. So with that task at hand, my company fabricates everything in-house. I have used this site for its wealth of information and also www.eng-tips.com another one of my favorites. See attached diagram for calculating your own K-factors. > It was difficult to find a one-page diagram that was self-explanatory and that anyone could understand it by looking at it. > Good Luck.
Message 4 of 7
jmartz13

It may be easier for you to send me your email and I can send it to you in *.pdf or *.jpg format. Sorry, posting it here is not working right now.

Best Regards.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, I'd be interested in getting that file too. Can you send it to the autodesk.inventor.customer-files? Maybe if you zipped it... it might improve things. Good day. Dominic. "jmartz13" wrote in message news:11133243.1104866501536.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > It may be easier for you to send me your email and I can send it to you in > *.pdf or *.jpg format. Sorry, posting it here is not working right now. > > Best Regards.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

William's email address as it showson the NNTP side of the discussion groups. "William H. Geissele" pandrolusa.com> Also it appears you are coming into the discussion groups via the HTTP web side. Go to the Inventor Customer Files group at http://discussion.autodesk.com/forum.jspa?forumID=121 and post your file as below. Then come back to this group and leave a note that your file is posted. You should see a highlighted line of text to the middle right that says "Post new topic". Click on that icon and a two text boxes appear in center of the screen. Type in a subject line, fill in your message and then at the bottom of the text box you will see "Add an Attachment". This will appear "Add an Attachment. Click "Browse" to add an attachment. You are allowed only one attachment per post. We encourage you to make your attachments as small as possible, and enforce a 1 MB limit. Browse to your own computer location for the file (PLEASE ZIP if at all possible; obviously some files will not zip smaller) Once all is filled in, click on Attach file. Last step is to hit the "Post Topic" icon. You may have to leave the newsgroup and come back to see your own post. --- Anne Brown Discussion Groups Administrator Autodesk, Inc. jmartz13 wrote: > > It may be easier for you to send me your email and I can send it to you in *.pdf or *.jpg format. Sorry, posting it here is not working right now.
Message 7 of 7
PENengr

Did anyone ever get jmartz K-factor diagram from 9 years ago? - Greg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report