Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Stop Please..

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jletcher
376 Views, 7 Replies

Just Stop Please..

Please Autodesk stop with the upgrades this ribbon thing sucks.. before when you got done doing something inventor put you back to the right panel for what was next. This ribbon crap is junk. JUST STOP...... Or make it so I can go back to my classic because your upgrades arte no longer user friendly.......... It is just a mess....

This is one of the reasons no one upgraded your autocad and stayed on 14 forever or 2000 forever.

You do know you don't have to do what everyone else is doing right. If they jump off bridge are you going to follow..

give me back my classic......................................

This ribbon is costing time... UGH

thanks for the vent...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ampster402
in reply to: jletcher

wonder what pc's would be like today if enough people back then said "leave my Windows for Workgroups 3.11 interface just like it is" when they moved to Win95 was it?

for now I'm sticking with Acad 2011 classic interface and even though Inventor 2011 has an option to switch back and forth - I've forced myself to use the Ribbon and gotten used to it for the most part.

I believe pc's (and the software/apps) will always be in a constant state of upgrading/changing how they work or are used - gotta get used to it...or  ?!?!?!

You can deduct 0.02 cents for my reply.

Message 3 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: ampster402

It's not all the ribbon.. When they went to the ribbon they also took out the things inventor did automatic that is what I am upset the most with.. and windows still function the same or improved it. Inventor is not improving anything they made it worse. I could snap build anything so fast it would make your head spin. But now if I want to change the view I have to click on a tab called view then click back to sketch. Now I have to do more to get to the same place. You call that making it better not in my world. I bragged about how less clicks it take to do something in Inventor now they added more clicks this takes time you may say only a few seconds but add those seconds together now you have hours....

Just hate it....

and trust me I did not think it would be that big of a deal but after using this ribbon for 2 months now no hate it to many darn clicks UGH.....

GIVE ME MY CLASSIC.............

Message 4 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: ampster402

PS

ok good example take windows interface and change it all like apple.. Now lets see what happens...

Message 5 of 8
jletcher

I guess I will just take an hour and put everything in one..................

Message 6 of 8
Cadmanto

Coming from Solidworks, I noticed in general Inventor is a lot more clicks overall.

It is what it is.

Every software has it's quarks.  Smiley Wink

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 7 of 8
jletcher
in reply to: Cadmanto

No Inventor had less clicks then solidworks until they went to the ribbon... I too used solidworks, solid edge, pro-E, wildfire, Albra, Cad 5, microstation, Catia, key cad, and a few more Inventor was the best in the less clicks. Now no.

click, click, click, click, click, click, UGH

Message 8 of 8
ampster402

lol, I hear your frustration.

I didn't say better however!  I agree it does take more clicks to do some tasks now.

We're stuck on 2011 and may not see 2013 and instead go to 2014.

I recall reading for 2012 you no longer have a gui option to make this change and are forced to change it thru the registry.

Can that still be done with 2013 or did I miss that part...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report