Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint vs constraint tutorial 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Retselnitram
10743 Views, 3 Replies

Joint vs constraint tutorial 2014?

Is there any good tutorial on joints and constrains.

How to use joints. (Joins still confuse me.)

When you should use which.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi lester,

My take on Joints vs Constraints is that they are really just two methods of doing the same thing. The primary improvement I see that Joints provide, comes from the fact that it often takes fewer Joints to achieve the same relationship between components than it would take using just Constraints. You can also use Joints and Constraints together as well. The Autodesk provided tutorials are probably the best choice for becoming familiar with Joints at this point.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 4

Thanks

There  was something that I didn't like and I wasn't sure if its supposed to be like this or if I'm doing something that wasn't meant to be.

I had a cylinder assembly and with a joint limit of 6" movement.

I brought the cylinder assembly into an assembly, made it flexable. Worked great.

But then I put a constraint to a part that pulled the cylinder past its 6" limit. There was no error and I almost missed the fact that the cylinder is extended too far.

The thing I didn't like, is in the cyclinder assembly it totally deleted the joint limit. No waring, no error. no red cross.

Message 4 of 4
mixellmaster
in reply to: Retselnitram

Also, you cannot turn Joints into behaviors. What is the purpose of a joint if you cant showcase it's movement?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums