Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item of the Content Center for the Bill of Materials

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
VDahmer
185 Views, 3 Replies

Item of the Content Center for the Bill of Materials

When is used one profile from content center or frame generator, the field “Base Quantity” in tab “Bill of Materials” in “Document Settings” dialog is complete with the length of profile.

In my company I need use the option “Each” for this field, then to each new profile created the user needs change this option.

I´m trying finding how change this in the content center editor, but not found. This (or other) is possible? How?

Tank's
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Corrine.Sun
in reply to: VDahmer

Hello VDahmer,

If I understand your concern correctly, Replace family template in CC Editor may take effect. You can do as follows:

1. Launch Open from Content Center and select the family you need to change “Base Quantity”
2. Select AS Custom in member select panel (part will be asked to save)
3. Edit the saved part (change “Base Quantity” to use the option “Each”)
4. Save the part.
5. Go to Tools>CC Editor, copy this family to R/W library, replace family template with the new edited part.
6. Then instance the member from the edited family (“Base Quantity” would be “Each”)

Hope it helps:-)

Corrine Sun (Autodesk)
Inventor Content Center Quality Assurance
Message 3 of 4
VDahmer

Hi Corrine,
In step 2) If I understand, the selection option "As Custom", will be selected when I’m putting a new component. To a profile components these option is not showed. See atached file.
In Step 5) I dont found how use replace template inside CC editor.
Message 4 of 4
Corrine.Sun

Hi VDahmer,

Sorry for confusion:-) Yes, there is no such option to profile components. But part still would be asked to save when placing them into assembly, right?
Step 2) just make sure there is an instanced member which is able to be used in “replace family template”.

In Step 5), Right click copied family, you can see “replace family template” from context menus. Please refer to attached screen shot.

Thanks,
Corrine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report