Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this IV or XP?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
106 Views, 6 Replies

Is this IV or XP?

One of my printers only has 11x17 loaded. I changed the defaults through the control panel so that all the other trays an paper sizes are not available. When I select the printer in IV, the paper size is set to 8.5 x 11, so I have to change it to 11 x 17 every time. Is this an XP or IV thing (or maybe even HP)?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried KWiKPrints? It helps take care of these types of problems. ;~) -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message news:40f7f23b$1_1@newsprd01... > One of my printers only has 11x17 loaded. I changed the defaults through the > control panel so that all the other trays an paper sizes are not available. > When I select the printer in IV, the paper size is set to 8.5 x 11, so I > have to change it to 11 x 17 every time. Is this an XP or IV thing (or maybe > even HP)? > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Kent, I have had a lot of trouble lately getting KWIKPrints to change paper sizes with my HP1220C and HP9300 on XP. My old Windows 2000 setup with a HP1220C, HP1000C, and Acrobat worked great. I will try using it again and see if I wasn't just in the twilight zone at the time. Best, Matt "Kent Keller" wrote in message news:40f7fb41$1_1@newsprd01... > Have you tried KWiKPrints? It helps take care of these types of problems. > ;~) > > -- > Kent Keller > Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator > > > "Kevin Wehner" wrote in message > news:40f7f23b$1_1@newsprd01... > > One of my printers only has 11x17 loaded. I changed the defaults through > the > > control panel so that all the other trays an paper sizes are not > available. > > When I select the printer in IV, the paper size is set to 8.5 x 11, so I > > have to change it to 11 x 17 every time. Is this an XP or IV thing (or > maybe > > even HP)? > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I have the same problem. Acrobat and even Voloview will change the paper size automatically. I use Kwikprint now. It works great and speeds up the time to print. It may be unrelated, but when I do use Kwikprint, the first print of the day always comes out wrong, then it self-corrects?!? -Mike
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Same thing here....It's become habbit to just hit the print button twice for the first plot of the day... Denis "mpower" wrote in message news:40fbbc94$1_3@newsprd01... >I have the same problem. Acrobat and even Voloview will change the paper > size automatically. I use Kwikprint now. It works great and speeds up > the > time to print. > > It may be unrelated, but when I do use Kwikprint, the first print of the > day > always comes out wrong, then it self-corrects?!? > > -Mike > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Wrong it what way? rotated or ?? This doesn't happen to me, but if I know what is going wrong, I might be able to tweak it a bit? -- Kent Keller http://www.KWiKMcad.com Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "mpower" wrote in message news:40fbbc94$1_3@newsprd01... > I have the same problem. Acrobat and even Voloview will change the paper > size automatically. I use Kwikprint now. It works great and speeds up the > time to print. > > It may be unrelated, but when I do use Kwikprint, the first print of the day > always comes out wrong, then it self-corrects?!? > > -Mike > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

My first Print on 11 x 17 will be printed on 8.5 x 11 (plot running off the sides of the paper) ...I hit the button again and all is well until I have to restart IV.... A very minor glitch to an otherwise great utility!! Thanks Denis

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report