Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to save window View coordinates?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mustang69
328 Views, 2 Replies

Is it possible to save window View coordinates?

Im doing some pictures for a broschure.

There are several products to render out and I like each product to be viewed in same position.

When i rotated the product in a view i like can I save the position coordinates and set them later in another product?

Or do anyone have a tip to get the same view position all the time? 

test.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobSinglehurst
in reply to: Mustang69

Probably create a workplane in your part and then in the idw "Look At" the workplane. You would want to base the workplane on origin based geometry so that they are always the same.

Or..

Place each part in an assembly and rotate it to the desired angle and then just create a normal "Front" view in the idw. This method is probably easier but you end up with an iam for each part as well.  I have used this when creating skeletal parts that are not "normal" to the origin workplanes.

Cheers,
--Rob
Inventor 2024.2
Message 3 of 3
mpatchus
in reply to: Mustang69

Try placing each of the part into one assembly.

Constrain the parts so that they are orientated the way you desire.

Once you have this assembly created, you have a couple options.

1. In the drawing views, you could turn the visibility OFF of parts you do not wish to display.
  2. Create Levels Of Detail in the assembly to suppress parts you don't want on the drawing.
Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report