Inventor General

Mentor
Message 1 of 2 (99 Views)

Is There a "Just Save" Command?

99 Views, 1 Replies
05-04-2012 08:50 AM

We have Save, Save All, Save As and Save Copy As.  Do we have Just Save Without Making Me Click OK 47 Times?

This seems to be a big insecurity problem with Inventor, perhaps rooting back to a severe trauma in early childhood.  It can't open anything without asking whether or not I want to update it and it can't save anything without confirming my intentions multiple times.  Does anyone know a good CAD psychologist?  Therapy definitely seems to be needed.

Yes, I've looked at the prompts tab under the App Options and I don't see anything regarding this.  The closest I could find was Do you want to save the file on close?  That's not it.

Bill Schmid
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
*Expert Elite*
mrattray
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: Is There a "Just Save" Command?

05-04-2012 11:18 AM in reply to: Bill.Schmid

:smileyvery-happy:

My favorite is when you save then close without making any changes and IV prompts you asking if you want to save with a save manager dialog showing all no's.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube