Inventor General

nike_bytom
Message 1 of 8 (262 Views)
Accepted Solution

Iproperties - description - .idw

262 Views, 7 Replies
09-27-2013 05:17 AM

Hi there,

Can any one help me with my drawing template. 

Is there any way  to automaticly fill in description in iProperties (.idw) from model description?

Ilogic?

Need simple solution

Raf

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 2 of 8 (250 Views)

Re: Iproperties - description - .idw

09-27-2013 05:44 AM in reply to: nike_bytom

edit title block.. place text and see attached image..

No need for ilogic..

Just straight out of the box how it should work from day 1 (maybe 2) of your training.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

nike_bytom
Message 3 of 8 (239 Views)

09-27-2013 05:56 AM in reply to: mcgyvr
Thanks for that. must be something wrong then with template. this is already set in my border.In the border i got description from model but for some reason description in iproperties is empty. This is problem I am using vault so when I am searching for files using description i cant find files becouse description field ids empty in iproperties
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 4 of 8 (236 Views)

09-27-2013 05:59 AM in reply to: nike_bytom

Yes obviously the models description iprop must be filled in.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 64 bit

nike_bytom
Message 5 of 8 (227 Views)

09-27-2013 06:05 AM in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes iprop of model its filled in , description is in the border but not in iprop of idw ...Border

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 6 of 8 (221 Views)

09-27-2013 06:13 AM in reply to: nike_bytom

oops.. sorry... Now I understand what you were asking..

You want the description iproperty in the IDW files iproperties to be automatically populated

Here is how you do that..

Open your drawing template.. Go to tools..document settings..drawing tab and click on the "Copy Model Iproperty settings" button. Then simply check the "copy model iproperties" button and then put a check box by "description"

Then save template.

Now the drawing description iproperty will be automatically copied from the model iproperty when you place your first base view into the drawing.

Windows 7 64 bit

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 7 of 8 (216 Views)

09-27-2013 06:18 AM in reply to: nike_bytom

Hi!

This is because the you have the iProperties from the model and iProperties from the drawing... each file has the propper iproperties and most of the times they are diferent.

If you wish to have the Drawing iProperties in the titleblock you have to edit the titleblock and insert the drawing iproperties:

Chose from here (see image below). Save as template for using later.

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
nike_bytom
Message 8 of 8 (201 Views)

09-27-2013 07:00 AM in reply to: mcgyvr

One more question related to this topic. When i repleced my model reference in the drawing my discription in iproperties didn,t update but update in the border. Any way to set this to automatic update?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube