Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipart not rebuilding in drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
UpnorthSouth
342 Views, 3 Replies

Ipart not rebuilding in drawing

Would anyone have an ilogic code to work around the Inventor bug of iparts not wanting to rebuild in drawings

after changes are made to the ipart.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: UpnorthSouth

I think you can just create a rule to rebuild and trigger it on the "before save event"

You might need to run a rule to "regenerate" the members too but just try this first..

Just paste this in a new rule and try it...

ThisDoc.Document.Rebuild()

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
UpnorthSouth
in reply to: mcgyvr

Appreciate your response and I did try that code yesterday before posting but it did not work. I still have to use my

work around Edit View\Model State\Active Family Member then select which configuation I want in the drawing.

I may not be doing the right thing with the rule. I'm adding the rule to the part file after the fact. The drawing was

already done and I decided to add a radius but it would not change in the drawing. I used rebuild all and regenerate

and it did not update.

Message 4 of 4
IgorMir
in reply to: UpnorthSouth

Sometimes I run into the same situation. Not often enough as to give it a thorough investigation but. Try to delete the stubborn child Smiley Happy in a child folder and then re-generate it in a factory.

Regards,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report