Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventro 2013 Pro Stress Analysis problem

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
luis.guembes.c
637 Views, 8 Replies

Inventro 2013 Pro Stress Analysis problem

Hi, For some reasson I cant get inventor stress analysis to make any calculations. After I set up the simulation and press calculate the loading bar starts and all of a sudden it stops and it shows no results. I tried in my school computers and it works there so its not my setup. Also I can open a file with the results made in another computer and see the results, animate, everything. I just cant create them on my computer. I think it may have soemthing to do with some windows service that I may have disabled though I've checked them twice now and theres none regarding autodesk that is disabled. I have repaired the installation, unninstalled and installed again. I guess I could erase the inventor aplication data and give it another installation. Not sure if all of the inventor app data is in one place though. Any help is appreciated, thanks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: luis.guembes.c

Have you installed the Service Packs?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242019#section16

Can you attach the file here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clean uninstall.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

Clean Install
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17955581&linkID=9240617

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
luis.guembes.c
in reply to: JDMather

ll go with the service packs 1st and get back to you  because I realy want to avoid reinstalling of all my autodesk products

Message 4 of 9

I applied the service pack.

Before I would click simulate the loading bar would appear and dissapear almost instantly with no results shown.

This time it appears, and seems to be calculating, (computing results...)and about 10-20 seconds later it dissapears and shows no result.

Message 5 of 9
luis.guembes.c

After the SP failure I did the clean unninstall and the clean install and still nothing. The same as before, the bar starts loadingand stops at about 2/3rds of completition then it just dissapears without showing results. I tried with different files too. Created new ones just to test it and nothing.

Not sure what else I can do.

Message 6 of 9
JDMather

Search here for similar problems.

I think others might have experienced the same problem - but I don't recall the solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
luis.guembes.c

I went seraching found 143 pages worth of threads but checked quite a few. Anyway I read someting about corrupt usres which tbh I had not even considered. So I created a new standard user, ran Inventor normally(no admin rights) and the simulation works.

I tried running inventor with admin right in my administrator user and even worse, the simulation add-in was greyed out. I'm still very curious about inventor not working on my everyday user but so far I have this solution if anyone is interested.

TL DR

Create a new user and try if SA isnt working

Message 8 of 9
timyang429

thanks a lot for sharing the solution, it simply worked!!!

Message 9 of 9
luis.guembes.c
in reply to: timyang429

No problem, glad it helped you 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report