Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to SheetCam

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aaron
991 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor to SheetCam

I just got our new plasma table running and am using sheet cam to nest. I am on a learning curve, mental overboard type of scenario so go easy on me...One of my parts drawn in inventor/sheet metal is not being recognized by sheet cam. However I have other parts which are drawn almost identical in approach and their .dxf file uploaded to sheet cam just fine. I have tried troubleshooting 100 different ways and nothing is working, sheet cam simply wont recognize it. I have tried copying and pasting new geometery to different planes, etruding, different thicknesses etc... Nothing works.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: aaron

The part might have been created (sideways). Rather than having a profile and extruding to the thickness, the part may have it's base sketch as a "slice" or cross section and then extruded. Normally you create your sketch on the XY axis with the thickness/height being the Z. This part may have the base sketch being on a YZ and the thickness/height being on the X.

This shouldn't be a problem if you are only dealing with a 2D profile, but if it's a 3D shape you are bringing in to the NC software it can be a problem.

Software such as Striker Systems requires the Inventor files to be a Sheet-Metal Inventor file, as it reads the "Thickness" parameter to sort the parts by thickness. Someone could a slipped you a standard IPT file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report