Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to AutoCAD dwg conversion geometry problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
881 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor to AutoCAD dwg conversion geometry problem

**Using Inventor 2013 with AutoCAD 2013

Our assemblies and components are detailed in Inventor dwg format. Once they've gone through QA, we Save Copy As to an AutoCAD dwg as for deliverable. We also make a multi-sheet DWF to send as a deliverable.

Here is an image of the geometry problem. More images are attached.Autocad01.jpg

This seems to only happen with fasteners from Content Center. This happens with two different cutomization files (ini) we've created for the client, as well as the default one given with Inventor.

This issue has not been one in the past but has just yesterday been discovered. In the Inventor dwg, the geometry is fine. However, once an AutoCAD dwg the geometry goes screwy. Since the multi-sheet DWF is made from the AutoCAD dwgs, they also contain the bad geometry.

We recently installed SP2 and SP2 Update 1. Might this be tied to something screwy in those service packs?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Try this, it worked for me when I had the same issue: http://beinginventive.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a01156ed841f2970c01156ed84aff970c/search?filter.q=...
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

The link mrattray gave you is the way to go. For that you have to edit the .ini file for dgw export.

Message 4 of 4
yannick3
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

I Think you can change your workflow

1-don't export DWG directly with inventor, if your Inventor drawing are DWG format

2-open directly your  Inventor DWG  with Autocad and save as to old release directly with autocad, you can change autocad option(open and save tab) to always keep the same save as parameter

3- this workflow allow to reopen your exported drawing with inventor and all link will be keep if there are model update. that's veruy usefull for customer who have old release.  

edit

other interesting things with autocad you can set automaticly your DWF export (without 3D) go to Autocad option, Plot and Publish Tab

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report