Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor to AutoCAD Border with Custom iProperties

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
stephengibson76
739 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor to AutoCAD Border with Custom iProperties

When I save copy as from IDW to AutoCAD DWG my border containing custom iProperties messes up.  See attached IDW, it creates a Block in AutoCAD but duplicates the text for the custom iProperty value, slightly offset.

When you explode the AutoCAD block, you are left with 2 values, 1 the name of the custom iPropert and 1 the value of the custom iProperty, slightly offset

How do I fix this???

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

anyone care to comment? is this a bug?

Stephen Gibson

Message 3 of 9

bump

this is doing my head in

Stephen Gibson

Message 4 of 9

I got the same thing cept only difference my Inv. drawings are .dwg.. when I save as "copy" to AutoCad I get dupe text of any iProperty or "prompted entry" but only in the border (not the title block).  I also tried to save to Acad different versions, 2000, 2007,...etc and even .dxf and still got the same thing.  Our local tech support got it too and he is sending to Autodesk to see what they say....I will post when I hear back. Its a pain cuz we have to write out lots of drawings to Acad for most of our vendors... see attached .jpg...Im sure your getting the same thing... gotta be a bug.....good luck to us

Message 5 of 9

still got the problem, pretty much like yours, I also had problems with text and sketched symbols that might be related, see post below.

I have been trying to test the theory on the attached idw but it keeps crashing inventor, the iproperty filename updates for the ISO CP font but not for the Arial, strange

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/fonts-symbols-and-AutoCAD/td-p/2959288

Stephen Gibson

Message 6 of 9

is this a bug??? how do we fix this???
Stephen Gibson

Message 7 of 9

BUMP

Stephen Gibson

Message 8 of 9

Below is a past from our local inventor seller/tech support:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

" I filed this with Autodesk.  I also looked for a hotfix and there does not seem to be one yet.  As you found on the forum you are not the only one and I can also duplicate the same issue.  I will let you know what I hear from Autodesk.  I expect that they will confirm that it is a bug and I will keep looking for a hotfix "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will email our tech support and see if they have heard back from Autodesk

thanks

Message 9 of 9

thanks,  I look forward to a solution

Stephen Gibson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report