Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Inventor section cut issues

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
craigcwc86
2353 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor section cut issues

I am trying to cut sections using Inventor  I will begin by saying I am a fairly new user. On numerous occasions I am running into an issue where the section cuts are not shown correctly, is there any advice on what the issue could be? I have attached an image showing an example of what I am talking about, you can clearly see that there are bolts and plates that should be displayed in the section cut which is shown above. Thanks in advance for your help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: craigcwc86

Welcomer to the forum.

Once you have created your section view, RC on the view and select "Edit View"

Then under the "Display" select as shown below.

section.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
craigcwc86
in reply to: Cadmanto

Worked perfect thanks!

Message 4 of 7
BLHDrafting

If you want what Scott has indicated to be permanent so as to always section Standard Content (that is items from the Content Centre) then turn this option on in the Application Options/Drawing tab.

SECTION.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 5 of 7
kkornocksr
in reply to: BLHDrafting

That worked perfect for my drawing, which is what I am most concerned with. Thank you.

However, if you open the assembly itself, and section through the middle, the o-ring still appears whole, which is very curious. It's something we live with, but it just seems wrong.

Message 6 of 7
BLHDrafting
in reply to: kkornocksr

My assy sections fine. It will be the Section All Parts in Application Options. See the bottom picture.

section.png

app_options.png

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 7 of 7
kkornocksr

That's perfect. All of my sectioning problems are solved. Thanks to all involved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report