Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor ressources?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sm4rt
213 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor ressources?

Hi all, I'm actually searching around the web some sites like 3dcontentcentral. Do you know some other sites like that which give some 3d models done by the community? I'm also searching some inventor ressources like "drawing viewer template" or "title block" without any success... Do you know where to find some template? (I'm quite surprise that this type of thing is so difficult to find... Community seems to be quite big but it seems that there is not any exchange of templates files?)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: sm4rt

How about Grabcad, 3D model sharing , cblis

I also know some Solidworks sites like zxys , 3D cad browser

KNowing that you can callup Solidworks models in Inventor these should not be an issue.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
trumpy81
in reply to: Cadmanto

On the subject of templates, you will find that most companies customise their templates to suit their own needs. Because of this, I'm sure most companies would not want to share such templates.

You can of course create your own custom templates in Inventor, adding special colors, features, title blocks etc...

Use the help files and/or the Wiki to find out how to do what you would like to do with your templates.

Happy Inventing!

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 4 of 5
sm4rt

Ok thanks Cadmanto for these links.

That's true that companies have not any interest to share their template files...

But I'm quite surprise that the "open source" community do not share anything like template, textures, surfaces etc.

Like autocad, sketchup communities (and other software) do...

For Autocad I've found some "scripts" libraries websites few mouth ago for example.

Thanks for answering.

Message 5 of 5
mflayler2

http://autodesk.partcommunity.com/portal/portal/autodesk

traceparts.com

Class I did on templates two years ago...you need to sign up for free to view the class and download the handouts

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=7263

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report