Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor publisher question

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
johnderekmellor
559 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor publisher question

I've been uploading DWG files to AutoCAD360 and viewing them on my iPad and iPhone but now I've started using Inventor too. I downloaded the Inventor Publisher App but I can't figure out how to upload Inventor files to view in it?

Do I upload them to my Autodesk 360 account ? Do I have to save them as something else? How does it work? or should I be using the Autodesk360 App instead?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

I believe you need the Inventor Publisher program ... from what I my reseller told me when I asked how to use the app... http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/inventor-publisher

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

I have since been able to open a file in the Autodesk360 App. But the Autodesk360 App will not open my DWG files?
Message 4 of 8

the publisher won't ..or autodesk 360 app won't?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
blair
in reply to: mdavis22569

This App, is only a viewer, you need to have Inventor Publisher to create the file and then have it uploaded to your Cloud360 account.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
johnderekmellor
in reply to: blair

...but in the Autodesk360 App I can view Inventor files without doing that?
Message 7 of 8
blair
in reply to: johnderekmellor

Inventor Publisher is a standalone software package for creating model views that can be used for manuals/documentation in other software packages such as MSWord. Unless you have Inventor Publisher, you won't have any Publisher files/documents to be viewed.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: johnderekmellor

@johnderekmellor wrote:
...but in the Autodesk360 App I can view Inventor files without doing that?

this is a separate app from the Inventor Publisher App

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report