Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor publisher question

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
thburn
347 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor publisher question

Hi,

I have a general question regarding publishing. Lets say I have created a model using inventor professional 2013 and want to present it to other people, who don't have inventor. How can I do that?

I want to present my model that people can pan / zoom / rotate the object on PC or (but not so important) on mobile devices like iPad.
Can I do this using Inventor 2013 professional only? Or do I need additional tools?

What tool / viewer is is needed on the peoples side (Windows 7 please). What file format I need?

Do I need Inventor publisher? Is there any standalone tool / viewer available to install on customer / peoples side to watch my object?

Thanks for ayn help!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scottmoyse
in reply to: thburn

You can go to 360.autodesk.com and create an account with your autodesk ID. Then go back to Inventor, create a DWF of your model, then upload it to Autodesk 360. At that point you can share it with anyone. Mobile users can download the Autodesk 360 App and view the file on there.

Otherwise you can use Design Review on your desktop to view the model and navigate around it.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report