Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor not linked to vault correctly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Bruin_Instruments
830 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor not linked to vault correctly

I am having trouble with my files between inventor and vault.

I can open files in inventor from vault and it saves a copy to my local drive.

I can check files back into vault from inventor and it completes everything correctly.

If I check a file out in vault and then go open it in inventor. It says that it is checked out to me but has a cross next to it indicating that it is checked out by someone else. (see attached file)

I also can not open files from vault. I get a warning coming up. (see attached)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
RDF

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Bruin_Instruments

You should post this to the Autodesk "Vault" user forum.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5

I recently had something like this happen to a new user in our department. This may be very difficult to assist you with via this forum/email. But I will give it a shot if you will provide a little more info. Have you been able to check out and edit files then check them back in previously and how many users do you have experiencing this problem?

Paul

Message 4 of 5

In vault explorer, have you setup your working folder?  It looks like you have your "Bruin Project.ipj" stored under c:\_Work\Design, but your working folder is on V:\vault.  I think if you will set your vault working folder to c:\ everything will work for you.

To do this, right click on the Vault Explorer ($) folder and chose properties.  Click working folder, and browse to the c:\

You want the file path shown in vault explorer to be the same as your workspace. Otherwise, it will give you the circle x icon.

Message 5 of 5

We have two users of inventor 2011 on one license. We only work one person at a time on it.

I have changed my working folder to be the same in vault and now it works. That was simple can't believe I missed that.

Thanks for the help guys.

Thank you
RDF

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report