Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor newbie question

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
revitworkbench
640 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor newbie question

Hi, I seem to be missing some buttons that some people on you tube have that seem pretty crucial to inventor. Please see attached pictures. Everything that I have circled, I am missing. The most important ones is copy components and dynamic simulation. please help! The third picture is of my set up.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Pictures...

Message 3 of 8

my screen capture

Message 4 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: revitworkbench

The screen capture of your machine only shows the Environments tab.

You must have Inventgor Professional to have most of the environments (like FEA) shown in the other screen captures.

What version of Inventor do you have?

Professional.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
revitworkbench
in reply to: JDMather

Right, the capture.4 picture is of my screen capture as well the capture.1 and capture.2 are of the you tube one. I have I believe inventor standard that came with my building design sweet ultimate. But I really want to be able to do animation and I figure copy components has to be standard because currently I cannot even save an assembly with out it. I lose all my parts! lol please help!
Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@michaelmead wrote:
... I figure copy components has to be standard because currently I cannot even save an assembly with out it. I lose all my parts! lol please help!

I have absolutely, positively no idea what this statement means.  Can you try again with the problem statement?

The standard Inventor does include Inventor Studio for animation.

I recommend you start here

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/p/inventor-tutorials.html
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?adskContextId=HELP_TUTORIALS&language=ENU&release=2014&product=Inve...

With one part at a time and attach *.ipt files here as you run into problems, working your way up to assemblies and then animation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

Are those add-ins disabled? Go to Tools and then click Add-Ins in the options panel. 

I also had an issue once where I didn't know a panel even existed because it was turned off in my customization. You can check that by right clicking on the ribbon tool bar and going to "Show Panels"

Message 8 of 8
cwhetten

The video you are comparing to is an older version of Inventor than you are using.  The commands have since been jumbled around to new locations.  See the attached image.  You should have them all except the FEA and routed systems stuff, since those require the Professional license.

New Locations.png

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums