Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor memory allocation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
chaseling
462 Views, 6 Replies

Inventor memory allocation

I am recieving a message in Inventor saying that I have used 80% of the available memory. Yet my system has 2GB of Ram, IV9 is using 1.15MB and the rest of the system is using 0.2MB, therefore there is 0.65 MB spare. This doesn;t quite add up to 80%. Can I get IV9 to use the full 80% of ram that is available.?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chaseling

There is a way to address this, I believe. It was discussed in a previous post - you'll have to do a search or hope some helpful soul will point the way. Sorry I only have 1GB RAM so can't recreate. "chaseling" wrote in message news:31602542.1095730957870.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am recieving a message in Inventor saying that I have used 80% of the available memory. Yet my system has 2GB of Ram, IV9 is using 1.15MB and the rest of the system is using 0.2MB, therefore there is 0.65 MB spare. This doesn;t quite add up to 80%. Can I get IV9 to use the full 80% of ram that is available.?
Message 3 of 7
pkquat

I assume you mean GB on MB in your post. The answer to this question then is no. Windows OS likes to have half of what ever amount of memory you have available. If you have 4GB of memory there is the 3GB switch. Information on this is available on the web via Inventor Help, "Graphics Drivers".

I would use it as justification that you need more memory for your PC. 🙂

I think this message relates to more than just memory though. I would think the swap file should handle the extra. I am not sure why this is the case. I have only gotten this message when IV is "updating" before printing, and has not crashed yet. IV may not allow swap file usage for this operation, but that is only speculation.

Pete
Message 4 of 7
bhowe

I am also having the same problem. I have 3 mhz processor with 2gb ram and 128mb ram on the video card. I have to reboot the computer to get IV9pro running smoothly again. It seems to be time related. The more I use IV9 the sooner I have to reboot. Another here is having the same problem. He has a totally different computer system. We noticed this when we switched to IV9pro. Waiting for SP to fix this. Did you find a solution?
Bill
Thank You

Bill

Inventor 2011 Pro 64 bit
Windows XP Pro 64 bit
Dell Precision PWS390
Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @2.66GHz
7.93 GHz Ram
ATI FireGL V7200
Message 5 of 7
stevensf

I get this message on IV8 as well. It has to do with how many fies I open in a session, and most of the time I must kill IV or reboot. I now have 2 gb ram and it happens about 4 hours in and after opening 12 files.
Fred

I am running a
IBM A30 8199-66U
Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz (512KB), 533MHz FSB,
2 GB IBM Memory,
40GB 7200RPM IDE HDD,
Intel Extreme Graphics (onboard)
NVIDIA Quardro NVS 64MB PCI
Intel 10/100 Ethernet,
P260 IBM monitor
Message 6 of 7
bhowe

Are you running IV PRO?
Thanks,
Bill
Thank You

Bill

Inventor 2011 Pro 64 bit
Windows XP Pro 64 bit
Dell Precision PWS390
Intel Core 2 CPU 6700 @2.66GHz
7.93 GHz Ram
ATI FireGL V7200
Message 7 of 7
pkquat

IDW's are the main memory killers / hogs. An odd thing with IV8 is that you can minimize IV and that seems to condense the memory / resources. I do this periodically. Once I hit the limit I usually restart IV. Someone said a while ago that minimizing IV is causing windows to dump the remaining mem to the swap file and somehow managing the resources better. It saves on restarting IV. Its worked for me in some instances.

Pete
Dell Precision 360 P4 3GHz
3G ram. 3G swap
Win 2K SP2
Quadro FX500
AIS8SP1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report