Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor material library 2014 not available HELP!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
erichannon2021
1378 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor material library 2014 not available HELP!!!

i have been doing some of my school work at home and for some reason the material libraries are unavailable at home. i can add a material to my parts but i cant put it in realistic view because it tells me "The autodesk Material Library is not available. Standard Appearances will be used instead." and there is a button that says "click for information how to install the Autodesk Material Library" but when i click it an error message appears that says

"No Help available. Missing Help ID (ADMMain:24679) in 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Helpds.xml'

i have tried a few things but i cant fix it does anyon know what to do?

also im running windows 8.1

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi! Either Inventor is not installed properly at home or the Inventor project file has wrong path.

1) Start up Inventor and go to Projects -> find "Appearance Libraries" and "Material Libraries."

2) Expand the folders and see if "Inventor Material Library" is listed there.

3) If yes, try creating a simple box part. If Inventor still complains IML missing, Inventor is not installed properly. You might need to reinstall or repair install.

4) If no, right-click on the folder -> Restore System Default. After that, the error should not appear.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 10

i tried all of that and its still not working

Message 4 of 10
blair
in reply to: erichannon2021

Check in your Project File the "Inventor Material Library" is showing under the Material Libraries for your Project. It should also be in the following directory: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Design Data\Materials

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 10
erichannon2021
in reply to: blair

all of those files are there but inventor dosent seem able to display them

Message 6 of 10
blair

Does it show up in the Project File?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 10
blair

Have you also installed all the Service Packs, Updates and Hotfixes for your version of Inventor. Link is at the bottom of this web page.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 10
erichannon2021

i just went through and got all service packs and hotfixes but i still cant put anything into realistic view

Message 9 of 10

the inventor material library shows up in the projects folder but the autodesk material and appearance libraries when i scoll over them it says "the protein library file is not available"

Message 10 of 10
blair

Can you elaberate on the following statement: " i still cant put anything into realistic view".

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report