Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor format text style is inactive

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Charlie_Tango
1988 Views, 18 Replies

Inventor format text style is inactive

Hello,

Can anybody help me on how to activate the text style in inventor 2013. I can change the text style on a new text in my drawing, but when I want to change a text style on an existing text, the syle is inactive. Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
JDMather
in reply to: Charlie_Tango

Post screen snip and/or file.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 19
Charlie_Tango
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JDMather,

Please find attached. Figure 1 shows a format text from an existing text & figure 2 shows a format text from a new text.

Message 4 of 19
JDMather

Is this a Text Style you created?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 19
Charlie_Tango

Yes. It is a copy from standart text style and change the style to company standard. 

Message 6 of 19
JDMather

Are you editing a Drawing Resource?

(attach the file here)

Message 7 of 19
Charlie_Tango

Actually I,m making our company templates for A4 to A0 size paper. It is easy to copy one template and just change the text style that I assigned in my style manager. Unfortunately the format text style for existing text are grayed out. I can still make the new templates by assigning new text style. As I've mentioned earlier, I can change the text style for new text but not for the existing style.

Message 8 of 19
Cadmanto

Charlie,

When you are editing the styles library is your MP file RW?

Within the styles editor, are you making this style active in the in the standard you are using?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 9 of 19
Charlie_Tango
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi,

Sorry I don't know what's MP is but my project file use style library is Rear-Write and I made this style as active style in the template.

Message 10 of 19
Cadmanto

"MP" stands for "Master Project".

It need to be actinve in the styles library so when the template uses these styles it is available.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 11 of 19
Charlie_Tango
in reply to: Cadmanto

It is already active in this MP. The only problem is when I copy a title block and then right click a text and edit text, the text style is inactive. But if I will add a new text the text style is active. I can still make the new template but I have to add new text. It's easy if we can change the text style from the copied title block.

Message 12 of 19
diego

Hi, 8 years later, I have the same issue. When I double click on an old text, the Format Text Style is grey out / inactive. This makes things complicate for updating Title Blocks, notes, etc on our drawings.

Can someone help ? Thanks!

diego_0-1637044024730.png

Message 13 of 19
SharkDesign

There are certain situations where the style drop down is not available.

Specifically what is your screenshot showing?

Is it just a text box on a drawing?

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 14 of 19
SharkDesign

By the way, you can't edit the style once the text box is created (in that dialogue.)

You have to use the drop down on the annotation ribbon.

jameswillo_0-1637044778418.png

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 15 of 19
diego
in reply to: SharkDesign

Hi jameswillo, so quick !

Yes it's only a simple text place on a dwg file.

Here is a screenshot when I place the text, styles are accessible.

diego_1-1637045238639.png

And here is a screenshot when I close and re open the same text box, styles are not accessible anymore.

diego_2-1637045349023.png

Many thanks.

Message 16 of 19
diego
in reply to: SharkDesign

Problem solved ! Many thanks.
Message 17 of 19

Hi, I have another related issue. I just cant change anything in the Format Text box. If I change the size or style it just ignores me and keeps Tahoma with 3.05mm. 

victor_p_bartholomeu_1-1697242078718.png

Message 18 of 19

Hi! What Inventor version are you on? I cannot seem to reproduce it on 2024.1.1 Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Also install the latest Inventor update applicable to your release.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 19 of 19

Is it possible that you merely need to select the text before changing its characteristics?  Just as in Word, changing the attributes without something selected will change the text entered from the cursor location, but not existing text.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2024.1.1 | Windows 10 Home 22H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report