Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor doesn't start

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tuomas.rantanen
285 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor doesn't start

I have Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 student version installed. It has worked perfectly until now. It's propably been like 2 weeks since the last time I used it successfully. 

Now when trying to start it, it shows the loading screen for about 2 seconds and then it disappears and nothing happens. I already tried renaming the roaming folder but it didn't help. I haven't installed anything significant after the last time it worked. 

I'm not eager to reinstall it, so it would be really nice if you can think of anything that could help. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: tuomas.rantanen

Do you have service packs installed?

Do you have graphic driver updated and installed?

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5

I would also make sure everything is up to date with the driver and SP's as mentioned.  Also consider trying a repair to your Inventor install perhaps.

If you can't find a solution, a couple of things that affected earlier versions of Inv could be either corrupted C++ or .NET Framework (MS stuff)

IRC, if you did receive some sort of error msg during startup it would be the corrupt .NET Framework which had to be ripped out and reinstalled and if you don't receive an error msg during startup then it was the corrupt C++ that had to be ripped out and reinstalled.

But I would only consider those two just before a complete Inventor uninstall/reinstall.

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: tuomas.rantanen

Just curious, does the student version you have loaded have an expiration date?  If so, maybe it has passed and this is why it is not loading. Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5

Before you start up Inventor, could you start Task Manager -> Processes. Then start Inventor. Do you see Inventor.exe loading? Does the memory consumption go up or it stay still?

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report