Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor deos not show all contstaints when I choose "Show all constraints" tool

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
seytayfun
501 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor deos not show all contstaints when I choose "Show all constraints" tool

Hi everyone,

Problem is as I stated in subject. I need to move the circle to a different location but it is fixed in center by a coincident constraint. I just can't show up this constraint and delete it. This is a repeating problem for me and i finally wanted to ask for some help. One would expect all constraints must show when there is a command for it. But this is not always true. Is that a bug or there is a solution for this?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JavaLodge
in reply to: seytayfun

You can click on the yellow dots to display the coincident contraints. Depending on which point you pick, there may be several coincident contraints present on a given point. Make sure you select the right one by hovering your mouse over it, which will highlight the geometry involved in the coincidence. Then you can right click and select delete. I assume they don't show all of the coincident contraints when you use 'Show all constraints' to help reduce clutter, especially when there are a lot of contraints present.
in reply to: JavaLodge

Hi JavaLodge,
I kept clicking center of the circle that you see in the image and no contraint showed up. I need to move it. Finally I deleted it and created new one and then repaired broken contraints in 3D and repaired broken dimensions in drawing. not big deal but to me Inventor has a problem with displaying constraints in sketch.
Thank you
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

@seytayfun wrote:
Inventor has a problem with displaying constraints in sketch.
Thank you

I have never seen this behavior.
Next time you get a sketch that exhibits this behavior - attach the *.ipt file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
seytayfun
in reply to: JDMather

Hi JD

As you can see in the attachment when I press "Show constraint" and click center of the circle or circle itself, it says "0 constraints" but circle is fixed with "constraints". Can you tell me why Inventor does not activate (or show) those contraints?

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

I was expecting a *.ipt file.

I do not see anything unusual in your picture.

The glyphs for Coincident constraints are automatically hidden (shown as yellow dots) to clear up screen clutter.

(I think there might be something in Application Options that controls this, but I prefer the default behavior.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
seytayfun
in reply to: JDMather

sorry can't send out company's work. but thank you anyway.
Message 8 of 8
chad38

I have had this aggravation many times. The only way I can come up with to fix it is for Autodesk to make it better. Frustrating.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report