Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Window

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vweaver
390 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor Window

I typically run from 3-10 windows at the same time.  For some reason, the past few weeks, the window running Inventor 2012 will switch itself to the top while I'm working in another window (usually an internet browser window, but does others).  It never did this before.   It is annoying as hell when it switches to the top several times within a minute.  There has been no hardware or software changes (windows updates, perhaps) recently.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?  I have to assume it's Inventor, and not just windows, because no other program window is doing this.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
LT.Rusty
in reply to: vweaver

Just out of curiosity, do you use a Spacepilot?  I've heard some things recently about people having trouble with program focus changing with a Spacepilot plugged in, but I can't seem to remember what the problem was ... 

Rusty

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
blair
in reply to: LT.Rusty

And here I thought it was just me that lost focus with a number of Inventor windows opened at the same time. 🙂

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
vweaver
in reply to: LT.Rusty

Not a space pilot, but I do use the 3DConnection space navigator.

Message 5 of 8
vweaver
in reply to: blair

I don't usually use multiple Inventor windows. One Inventor, two AutoCAD, excel, browser, word, Outlook, etc.
Message 6 of 8
blair
in reply to: vweaver

Maybe down load the latest drivers from the 3dConnexion website, do a un-install of the existing drivers and then install the downloaded ones.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 8
JavaLodge
in reply to: blair

I've heard that some people recalibrate their 3DConnexion devices daily.  That may not be necessary, but you could try recalibrating it.  Sometimes the device 'thinks' that it is off center, interprets that as movement, and brings Inventor to the top.  If that doesn't do anything, you can try unplugging the Navigator and see if the problem persists.

in reply to: JavaLodge

I will try your and Blairs suggestions to try.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report