Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Viewer?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
p_enneking
302 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Viewer?

We have a number of satellite plants, all of which need to be able to view our collection of Autocad and Inventor drawings. I can install the DWG TrueView or Design Review to accommodate the dwg files, but is there anything that will allow them to open our .idw/.iam/.ipt files (.idw for sure; the others would just be nice to have)?

I believe that in the past, there was an Inventor Viewer that was able to be downloaded. Is this going to be (or has this already been) released for Inventor 2010?

Thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: p_enneking

Google is your friend (or should be).

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12624908

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
p_enneking

Thank you!! (I noramlly find my answers faster here than using Google!!)
Message 4 of 4
panzilte

This is a question. Solidworks gives the user the option upon saving the file to include Edrawing information in the native Solidworks file(parts assemblies or drawings) . When another non-Solidworks user need to view a drawing, assemblyor a part model all that user need to do is open the native file with Edrawings (still a free download). Why can't Inventor have a similar option, save DWF information into the model or drawing so a non-inventor user just need to use Autodesk Design Review to open hose files? This could be done for every product that Autodesk offers thus eliminating the need for extra viewers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report