Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor / Vault Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Orbitron
316 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor / Vault Issues

Our small group is using Inventor 2013 and Vault Basic.  I seem to be the only one having serious issues.

First, drawings I exported/copy as as an ACAD.dwg format would be all of a sudden be saved in a ZIP file   Then, drawings I exported/copy as as an ACAD.dwg format could no longer be read by our earlier vesions of ACAD-Lite. It said it was a too recent version.  Then, it refused to export/copy as ANY ACAD.dwg format at all - only the Inventor.dwg format.

Even though I've always been working out of the Vault and consistantly saving and checking in my work, it would often say I am not working with the most recent version when I check them out and open them up again.  This makes no sense to me.  How could I not be working with the most recent version in my workspace?

At times, it would get to the point where I cannot save at all and it demands that I save a "copy as" and I can't check my work into the vault.  At this point, the only thing I can do is to close everything and reboot Inventor.  Only then will it allow me to open up, save and check in my work.  Needless to say, it is not very convenient.

Now, this week, no matter how often I save, refresh, and check in parts assemblies and drawings, many are not being "saved" and revert to an earlier version even though I have hard copies that show the changes were made.  It is becoming very frustrating.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Orbitron
in reply to: Orbitron

Another issue I've had today is that changes to a model/assembly are not being transferred to the drawings. For the latest drawing I had to close and delete the drawing, turn on a few components in the assembly, and then start the drawing again from scratch.  I didn't used to have this problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report