Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Vault 2012 Project to choose from

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
achmidt
546 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor Vault 2012 Project to choose from

Hello guys,

I`m just wondering if there is any chance to avoid that screen below (when open file from Vault) and set it up to use a certain template by default?

Autodesk Vault Project.png

Inventor Virtual Parts Addin

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Avirtualpartsadd-in_windows32and64%3Aen
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: achmidt

If you go into your vault client and under tools>options you will see this screen.

Make sure the MP file you want to use is set here.

vault.JPG

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
achmidt
in reply to: Cadmanto

Well.... it set to the right project $/Designs.ipj

Its still asking to select from the list. Any ideas why?

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Avirtualpartsadd-in_windows32and64%3Aen
Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

The other thought I have is, can I assume that you are calling up an assembly?  Is it possible that the components of that assembly are calling out for different MP's?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 8
achmidt
in reply to: Cadmanto

it doesn`t matter if its an ipt file or assembly, linked or not. It`s always asking. The other thing is that its locked by Administrator, but it shouldn`t matter right? it is pointing to the default ipj..

Autodesk Vault Project.png

Message 6 of 8
Cadmanto

Actually it is pointing to the "Designs.ipj".  Which ipj file would you like it to be pointing to?

In answer to your question I would not think that fact that you are not an administrator would matter in this case, but I am speaking from a position of being an administrator.  So, I haven't played on the other side of the fence.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 8
achmidt

yes, Designs.ipj is the default project that everyone uses in our company.

Is there any xml file with all the available projects, that can be edited ?

Thank you,

Message 8 of 8
Cadmanto

There might be, but I don't know where to tell you to look for it.

We ghave our own MP file that we have customized as it seems you are doing the same.  The MP file that you are using should be in the vault working folder on your local.  We also keep a copy of it in the vault for safe keeping.

If you go here

MP.JPG

This will show you which one is set as your default project file in your session and will show you the ones available.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report