Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Ultimate 2013-cannot add hole to existing hole chart

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
kburg
1852 Views, 15 Replies

Inventor Ultimate 2013-cannot add hole to existing hole chart

I am trying to add a hole to an existing hole chart.  I drop the part into a new drawing, set the ordinate "zero", and add a hole chart by selecting a few holes.  When I attempt to edit the chart: click chart, right click "edit", click add hole, select new holes, right click to create, the "create" selection is greyed out and all I have to choose from is cancel. I searched the forum here but could not find a reference to this a know issue.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a glitch of 2013. 

We are running win7 x64 machines and this happens on both the 2013 Ultimate and Premium editions of the product.

Windows 11
Inventor 2022
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
justincmorse
in reply to: kburg

I am having the same problem.  I right click hole table -> row -> add hole -> select the hole I want -> right click.  Like  the previous post, the create option is greyed out.

Message 3 of 16
japike

I am seeing the same thing.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022
Message 4 of 16
mpatchus
in reply to: japike

This is pretty obvious, but I'll ask anyway just to be certain, so please don't take offense.

Am I correct in assuming that the holes you are trying to add are in the view associated with the hole table?

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 5 of 16
kburg

No offense taken.  Yes, the holes are in the same view.  I have tried it with varying types of holes as well: taps, c'bores, thru holes, even neighboring holes placed in the same feature with the same result.

Windows 11
Inventor 2022
Message 6 of 16
SBix26

I'm having the same problem in 2012 SP1, although in my case Create is available, but does nothing.

Message 7 of 16
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: SBix26

All,

A fix for this issue in 2013 is planned for release within the next 2 weeks.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 16
danzco
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

So, is the hotfix for this still scheduled for tomorrow?

Message 9 of 16
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: danzco

This hotfix, along with several others, is being tested now. It now looks to be Tues/Wed next week for general release, (subject to outcome of testing, of course).

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 16
ptt50794

Has the hot hix been released? or is it scheduled for service pack 1?

As I'm experiencing the same issue, is there a work around at all?

Message 11 of 16
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: ptt50794

A fix for this was included in 2013 Update1.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 16
ptt50794
in reply to: ptt50794

Hi Chris, Thanks for the update, I've now downloaded and updated Inventor. Regards Paul [Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image001.gif@01CA15B2.6A891090] Paul Tanner | PLM Consultant | Autodesk Solutions The Design Hub|Coventry University|Technology Park|Puma Way|Coventry|CV1 2TT P: | M: email: paul.tanner@tatatechnologies.com website: www.tatatechnologies.comEmail Disclaimer: Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, proprietary and legally privileged data of Tata Technologies that is intended for use only by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, use, dissemination, distribution, copying or printing of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. You are requested to delete this e-mail or any copies immediately and notify the sender by reply email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Tata Technologies does not accept any liability for virus infected email or errors or omissions or consequences which may arise as a result of this e-mail transmission. To know more about Tata Technologies please visit http://www.tatatechnologies.com*********************************************************************... Email Disclaimer: Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential, proprietary and legally privileged data of Tata Technologies that is intended for use only by the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, use, dissemination, distribution, copying or printing of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. You are requested to delete this e-mail or any copies immediately and notify the sender by reply email. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. Tata Technologies does not accept any liability for virus infected email or errors or omissions or consequences which may arise as a result of this e-mail transmission. To know more about Tata Technologies please visit http://www.tatatechnologies.com ***********************************************************************************************************************************************
Message 13 of 16

Many Thanks !!!!

KM

Message 14 of 16
marcoo

I have just started getting the same problem on Inventor Professional 2012, SP2 (Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012). Create is enabled but does not add any new holes to the table. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

---
Autodesk Inventor 2012 Professional x64 SP2
Win 7 x64, Intel i7 930, 6GB PC-1600, Quadro FX-1800, 250 Gb 10k RMP
Message 15 of 16
blair
in reply to: marcoo

Possibly there might be a hot-fix for this. There are some hot-fixes that have been released after SP2.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 16 of 16
marcoo
in reply to: blair

I'm pretty sure I installed all relevant hot-fixes before and after SP2. I observed the following:

All holes are picked up if creating a new hole table (View). If one hole reference is deleted it cannot be added back, the only way to list it in the table is to create a new table for that view. I don't use this dimensioning method very often therefore cannot say when this problem occurred.

---
Autodesk Inventor 2012 Professional x64 SP2
Win 7 x64, Intel i7 930, 6GB PC-1600, Quadro FX-1800, 250 Gb 10k RMP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report