Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio - supress transitional contraint.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Mario-Villada
500 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Studio - supress transitional contraint.

Hi there. Is it possible to supress a transitional constraint (Animate) in inventro studio? I have not been able to do it so far. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your posting. I am not sure why you want to suppress the transitional constraint. I think you can use the Pos Reps to suppress the transitional constraint. That means you need to create a Position which suppress the transitional constraint.

Hope this can help you.

Guy Xing

Guy Xing
Quality Assurance Engineer
Inventor Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

Thanks Guy, I will try this.

The reason I wanted to suppress a transitional constraint is because I have a wheel that follows an "S" shaped track in a vertical plane. The track is made of two parallel bent plates, and there is a gap between the wheel and both plates. So, sometimes the wheel follows one side of the track, and sometimes the other side. I wanted to achieve this by applying transitional constraints between the wheel and both plates, but suppressing one at the time.

It looks like simulation will do the trick. However, it is a shame we cannot suppress a transitional constraint in inventor studio.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4

Hello Mario,

Thanks for clarifying purpose of suppress transitional constraint.

After I reading your purpose, I think the method I provided you is one workaround which is use 'pos reps' to create animation . I am not sure the animation you already created is used the 'constraint' or 'pos reps'. If you use the 'constraint' to animation, we can't select the transitional constraint in current.

I think we need to think if we want to support this. Thanks for pointing this.

Thanks for your reply,

Guy Xing

Guy Xing
Quality Assurance Engineer
Inventor Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report