Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Studio graphics & camera issue 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tom.allen
1213 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Studio graphics & camera issue 2011

Successfully rendered multiple assembly files using different camera angles but after many renderings the graphics within the Studio environment itself (not the rendered image) get "wonky". Parts of the assembly have become partially transparent AND the camera angle in the rendered image no longer reflects the Studio camera angle - a completely different, zoomed out, or zoomed in angle would be rendered. The rendering of the assembly itself looked OK, but now I can no longer render the angle I want, and any time I open the assembly and go to Studio, the assembly looks weird due to some parts being partially transparent.

I've attached screen shots of the assembly in the modeling environment, and in the Studio environment.

Other assembly files that haven't been rendered many times still render and display correctly. 

Restarting the computer doesn't help. 

Shutting down the computer doesn't help.

Restarting Inventor and/or re-opening the assembly file doesn't help

Installing service pack 1 & 2 doesn't help.

Saving the assembly under a different name doesn't help.

It seems the assemblies in question have been permanently affected and will never display properly in Studio and will never render the correct camera angle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Tom

Autodesk Inventor Pro 2011
Windows 7, Gateway FX6802, Intel Quad Core 920 @ 2.67 GHz
12.0 GB RAM, 64 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX260
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: tom.allen

wierd.. Have you tried Shutting the computer down for a few minutes then restarting.. (Its actually different from just a regular restart)

Are you using the 3G switch?

Have you tried updating your graphics card driver?

I've seen "similar" problems but restarting Inventor always fixed it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
tom.allen
in reply to: mcgyvr

Shutting down didn't help. This problem has been on going for months, just haven't addressed it yet.

Don't know what the 3G switch is.

Haven't updated my graphics card  but I am able to successfully render other assemblies. It just seems that the ones that I have rendered many times have gradually become more and more wonky.

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: tom.allen

What if you try a different angle?

Please post your system specs too.

graphic card type/driver version?

Operating system?

Also can you try going to tools..application options..hardware tab and try switching to software graphics (restart Inventor) and try again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
tom.allen
in reply to: mcgyvr

Here is what I'm using....

Different camera angles do not yield consistent results.

To reiterate the history of the issue, Studio worked just fine initially, but the more renderings I did (even over the course of one day), the more the file seemed to become corrupt with issues. Now it seems to be past the point of no return. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report