Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Start Failure

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
277 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Start Failure

Adobe Flash upgrade, including McAfee, may have blocked Inventor 2011 from starting. Ever since the upgrade, the Inventor splash screen will briefly appear, then the app will not start.

My system is Win7 on a Dell Inspiron 1720.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: Anonymous

What kind of license (standalone or network)?

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 4
ic198

I used to have a similar problem with a previous version of Inventor (the latest update to 2013 seems to have fixed it). I found that after Inventor trys and fails to start, Ctrl-Alt-Del> TaskManager> Processes tab. Find the Inventor process and End Process. Then try and start Inventor and it would run.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Could also be a corrupt CascadeInfo.cas or ProductInformation.pit file.  The adlm log file might shed some light on the failure.  If it is a laptop, the license can corrupt if any of the networking changes.  This means if you have a docking station or disable any wifi, NIC, or bluetooth device it could invalidate your license. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report