Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Proffesional 2012 isn't starting

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
bartlomiej.krysiak
1213 Views, 12 Replies

Inventor Proffesional 2012 isn't starting

After I turn on the Inventor the welcome screen shows. After a 10 seconds it disappears without any error information. I can see in manage window that process “inventor.exe” is starting and disappears in the same time when welcome screen disappears. I have managed to repair this problem by uninstalling Inventor and Installing it again. But the problem shows up again after two weeks. The same happened when I reinstalled it again. I have installed service pack 2 for Inventor.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

When did this start happening?

Is your master project file still accessible?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 13

more info needed,

system specs

have you looked thru the Event Viewer to see if anything might suggest why this is happening?

Message 4 of 13

I have the same situation on two of my computers: one is Win7 and other is WinXP.

I have some information from Autodesk Support Team.

In the file "INVPROSA2012PLKAdLM.log" I have error:

3364    2012/06/12    16:57:08    Reason=Fatal error
3364    2012/06/12    16:57:08    ComputerName=BARTLOMIEJK-LAP
3364    2012/06/12    16:57:08    OS=6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
3364    2012/06/12    16:57:08    File=AdlmIntSATSLicense.cpp,Line=416
3364    2012/06/12    16:57:08    VendorID=2 [ADLMACT]
3364    2012/06/12    16:57:08    VendorError=101 [The license cannot be accessed/loaded/opened]

The solution of this problem is described on page

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15176093&linkID=9240617

(my case is standalone version).

I have changed the name of file "adskflex_*_tsf.data" and it didn't help. New file  "adskflex_*_tsf.data" wasn't created after turning on the Inventor.

In the file "adskflex_00691b00_event.log" I found other error:

16:57:08 12-06-2012  [P:3704],[T:3684]     EventCode: 20000005, Message: Our service is disabled.
16:57:08 12-06-2012  [P:3704],[T:3684]     Exception: 59, Module: f0000, Location: 10

Maybe this will help to identify my problem.

Message 5 of 13

You might have to rename the ProductInformation.pit file as well as the license files.  Then reinstall fresh. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 13

Situation is the same on both of my computers (one is Win7 and second is WinXP).

On both of my computers Inventor was working properly. First time I had this situation couple months ago. Now is the same.

There is nothing suspicious in event log.

Message 7 of 13

Reinstall fresh - what does it mean? Uninstalling and fresh installation always helps (I tested it before), but it is quite annoying procedure.

Message 8 of 13

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Message 9 of 13

Hi,

They were suggesting a clean uninstall & reinstall of Inventor for a quicker resolution to this problem. Software corruption can be resolved with a clean reinstall most of the times. Please try to back up your custom templates and other customizations before doing a clean reinstall.

Below utility can help you remove your product cleanly from your machine,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17031128&linkID=9240617

You can follow the clean reinstall procedure as given below,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2893432&linkID=9240617

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 10 of 13

Hello. I tested it before and reinstallation resolves this problem. But I don’t won’t to reinstall Inventor every month on both of my computers. As I wrote earlier this problem always comes back after couple of weeks after reinstallation of Inventor. I’m looking for a stable solution of this problem without using reinstallation over and over again. Best regards, -- Bartłomiej Krysiak
Message 11 of 13

Then you need to determine what it is on your machine that changes that breaks the license.  Maybe Windows Update, or Anti-Virus, or some other domain change.  In any case, do some research and create a restore point to see if going back to a certain date when it was working will be a suitable solution for you. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 13

Do you have this problem only with Inventor or other AutoCAD based products as well ?

If your cascadeinfo.cas file is getting corrupted, it might be due to some Windows corruption.

However can you confirm whether you can launch products in diagnostic mode when the problem appears again.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617

I just want to isolate and see whether the problem is really with the corruption of this file or with any product conflicts in your system.

Also, please send us your system information file for us to investiage further.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 13 of 13

Hello.

The solution of my problem occurs to be much more simper. It turns out, that FLEXnet Licensing Service was turned off. I don’t know why it was turned off, but after turning it on Inventor starts without any problem. Thank you for the link with information about this service.

Best regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report