Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Professional part files will not open

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
900 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor Professional part files will not open

I had a copy of  Inventor 2013; It worked well up untilrecently. I moved some folders on my hard drive, and the program no longer could find the files. I went into options and changed the pathway for any prompt I saw had the former location. Next the part files I am working on are said to be missing. Something about the project location. I tried adding the files through managing the project found in options. Now Inventor says it is unable to open or
even recognize the part files saved. How can I recover the files Attached are screenshots of the errors.

File won't open 1.JPGFile won't open 2.JPGFile won't open 3.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Since my last post I unistalled Inventor 2013 and installed Inventor 2014.  I still have the same issues. New screenshots showing the error using Inventor Professional 2014.  I desperately need to recover these files.

Inventor Errors 1.JPG

Inventor Errors 2.JPG

Inventor Errors 3.JPG

Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

As a beginner you should have one top level folder containing a project file (*.ipj) and all Inventor ipt, iam, idw and ipn files.

Make your Project (*.ipj) active before doing any work (like opening a file).

You must master file management as they are all linked together.  You should not move things around until understand file management.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2013-lost-all-projects/td-p/3897759

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report