Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Prof 2013 Saving Flat View

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nmetzger
661 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor Prof 2013 Saving Flat View

I have a drawing a customer sent in a formed view. I created a flat view of the part, but I cannot save it in the flat view. What do I need to do? It keeps giving me a dialog box that says I can't save it in a flat view... search says I should be able to save it as a .dwg or .dxf etc. Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi nmetzger,

Activate the Flat Pattern, then right click on it in the graphics window and choose Export Face As,  then choose DXF or DWG.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: nmetzger

There are 3 ways to do this (each returning slightly different results), the first is to right click on the face of the flat pattern as Curtis suggested.  Other techniques are to right click on the Flat Pattern browser node or place Flat Pattern view in idw or dwg, depending on what you need.

FLAT PATTERN.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
nmetzger
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you, I will try that as well. I did get it exported to a .dxf, only problem now is I have to convert it to an older version of CAD. I am the only one in my company with the 2013 Inventor Suite and there seems to be an issue with opening my drawings with CAD LT 2011. I did not think that would be a problem... Nichole Metzger Manufacturing Engineer Valco Industries 625 Burt Street Springfield, Ohio 45505 937-399-7400
Message 5 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: nmetzger

One of those saving Options also allows setting version of dwg

or

use free DWG TrueView to convert.

or

use free Inventor Fusion to convert.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report