Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro Wire Harnesses Bog down the system!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brent_e_barbour
165 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Pro Wire Harnesses Bog down the system!

Our business is electro-mechanical so I thought Inventor Pro would be the perfect solution for adding wire harnesses to our assembly drawings. However, whenever we try to open or edit anything relative with a wire harness or even what would seem to be the most simplistic of tasks like turning the visibility of a routed cable on and off, it takes forever. I don’t know what my computer is doing, but it can take my computer 10 min. to an hour just to turn the visibility of a single cable on. The complexity of the harness I’m working on is only moderate. This is NOT very productive! I could have modeled the cables myself using 3D paths in regular Inventor in a fraction of the time. So can someone please remind me why we spent all this extra money to upgrade to Inventor Pro? Is anyone else having these problems? Are there any recommendations to speed things up substantially?

I’m running

Pentium 4, 2.20 GHz w/ 1 GB RAM

And

Pentium 4, 3.06 GHz w/ 1 GB RAM

Both with Windows 2000 SP4
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: brent_e_barbour

Hello, I'd like to see if we can help you speed this up a bit. Any chance you could send us the data? One initial thought is - are you working with the wires swept? We recommend that while doing the design work you work with segments swept but keep he wires as lines only. If you sweep the wires you can drive up the number of cylindrical sweeps very quickly and that can slow things down. Please feel free to contact me so I can learn more about how you've got things set up. Amy Bunszel amy.bunszel@autodesk.com "bbarbour" wrote in message news:9193373.1103155893843.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Our business is electro-mechanical so I thought Inventor Pro would be the perfect solution for adding wire harnesses to our assembly drawings. However, whenever we try to open or edit anything relative with a wire harness or even what would seem to be the most simplistic of tasks like turning the visibility of a routed cable on and off, it takes forever. I don't know what my computer is doing, but it can take my computer 10 min. to an hour just to turn the visibility of a single cable on. The complexity of the harness I'm working on is only moderate. This is NOT very productive! I could have modeled the cables myself using 3D paths in regular Inventor in a fraction of the time. So can someone please remind me why we spent all this extra money to upgrade to Inventor Pro? Is anyone else having these problems? Are there any recommendations to speed things up substantially? > > I'm running > > Pentium 4, 2.20 GHz w/ 1 GB RAM > > And > > Pentium 4, 3.06 GHz w/ 1 GB RAM > > Both with Windows 2000 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report