Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro. 2013 constantly crashing

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
andyb
1387 Views, 13 Replies

Inventor Pro. 2013 constantly crashing

Is anyone lese having any problems with Inventor constanly crashing, mainly in the drawing environment, but also in the modeling environment? it isn't a repeatable fault either, it happens after around 4/5 hours of use. And no matter how many times I send in a crash report, send the model to Autodesk for inspection I get no feedback or a solution.

This is very frustrating, deadlines are starting to be missed as I just can't get on with work and I'm having to redo vast amounts of work now. I never had this problem with Solidworks or Creo. My PC is over spec'd so there is no issue with the PC.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
mcgyvr
in reply to: andyb

@AndyB wrote:
My PC is over spec'd so there is no issue with the PC.

Are all your drivers up to date? Are you submitting the crash reports?

Have you run memtest?

have you loaded all the service packs/hotfixes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 14
andyb
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi

I've just been told about the new service pack 1.1 which has been released today. I checked yesterday and nothing was available. So I'll give this a go. The other "hotfixes" that I applied never worked.

All drivers are up to date (its a new PC and all updates applied).

I'm not sure what a memtest is.

As a foot note, I'm not impressed with this release. Everything seems to be running very slow, bolted connections, frame gen, vault upload/download's. A lot of fixes are needed to bring it up to speed with 2011.

Message 4 of 14
xavier_dumont2

Hello,

Did you perform some test without the antivirus?

Message 5 of 14
mcgyvr

@AndyB wrote:

Hi

All drivers are up to date (its a new PC and all updates applied).

I'm not sure what a memtest is.

As a foot note, I'm not impressed with this release. Everything seems to be running very slow, bolted connections, frame gen, vault upload/download's. A lot of fixes are needed to bring it up to speed with 2011.

Just because your computer is new and does Windows updates does NOT mean its drivers are all up to date.

Heck my last computer before this one was a brand new HP and the bios was 3 years old/out dated so much it didn't even support the dual processors it had properly.

Post your computer specs (including graphics card and driver version)..

Memtest checks your computers RAM sticks for problems.. RAM goes bad or has errors OFTEN..even on a newer computer.. I was having some crashes a while back and it turned out I just had a bad stick of RAM.. Got a new stick put in and crashes stopped.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 14
mrattray

1) Save often.
2) Reboot every few hours. (I reboot during lunch time and when I leave for the day so I don't have to wait for it)

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 14
andyb
in reply to: mcgyvr

No I have checked & updated every driver as well. 

I've just had a stall again (which doesn't obviously generate a crash report). This is with SP1.1 installed

Computer Spec is:-

Dell Precision T3600

Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620, 3.6GHz

Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1

16GB RAM

1TB SATA HDD

AMD Firepro V590

I'll try a memory test.

Message 8 of 14
andyb

An update to my problem. I installed SP1.1 yesterday. I've run the prgram from 8.30 this morning and had a crash around 14.30 this afternoon. Really is annoying me now.

Message 9 of 14
richiesuk

1-2 crash per day is very very normal 🙂

Message 10 of 14
mrattray
in reply to: richiesuk

@richiesuk wrote:

1-2 crash per day is very very normal 🙂

That's what ctrl+s is for.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 11 of 14
johnsonshiue

Hi! I have located the crash reports you submitted. It looks like Inventor crashes when you are editing Sketch Text? Do you have a repeatable workflow or a file exhibiting the behavior? If so, please send it to me (email address in my signature).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 14
andyb
in reply to: mrattray

You are right it is what ctrl+s is for but surely its not a acceptable solution/normal working practice for crashes to happen 1/2 times per day?

Message 13 of 14
pcrawley

Try creating a new "User" in Windows, then run Inventor in that for a day.  Seems to cure many problems - especially with old or "bloated" profiles.

I'm running a slightly higher spec'd Dell (PDSP 2013 sp1.1) and getting <1 crash per week - and that's a bad week.

Peter
Message 14 of 14
mrattray

@AndyB wrote:

You are right it is what ctrl+s is for but surely its not a acceptable solution/normal working practice for crashes to happen 1/2 times per day?

That's been about my average since I first started with CAD around 2002 with several different softwares including Inventor, SolidWorks, CATIA V5, AutoCAD, IDEAS, etc.

It's the nature of the business.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report