Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Part List- quantity doesnt match with the drawing view

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
weiloon
1361 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Part List- quantity doesnt match with the drawing view

HI

My customer is having trouble with the part list feature inside the Inventor 2D drawing.

For example, He has a car assembly file with 4 wheels and alot more subassemblies, then he creates a view representation which only visible for 1 wheel.

When he generates the part list in Inventor 2D drawing, he go to part list >filter setting and set to ‘’Assembly view representation’’ but the quantity for the part list is still showing as 4 as per attachment.

Anyone has better solution other than change the value manually inside the part list table?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
SBix26
in reply to: weiloon

The View Representation filter won't do what you're wanting-- it only turns entire rows on or off depending on whether that component is visible or not.  The quantities do not change with the view.

So in the example you show, if no wheels are visible, there will be no row for wheels in the Parts List.  But if any wheels are visible, the row is there and the quantity is the number required for the entire assembly.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 9
mrattray

Search this forum for an iLogic program that does this. I remember helping a user make one before.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 4 of 9
weiloon
in reply to: SBix26

HI, Thanks for your reply.

Is there any suggestion in this case?
the user manually changed the quantity of wheels in the part list to '1'
but the another part list with 4 wheels also changed to '1'
they are linking and how to break the link?

thanks
Message 5 of 9
SBix26

One way to manage this could be by using subassemblies.  If you want to have a detail drawing with just one wheel, make that wheel an assembly by itself, then include four of those in the higher level assembly.  Now you can have one parts list showing quantity 1 and the other showing quantity 4.  But I'm not sure whether this would work in your case.

I will say, though, that calling out the same part in two different parts lists is something we avoid.  Too much opportunity for misinterpretation.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 2
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.16.2
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

As sbixler suggested make a sub-assmebly of your wheel and shock absorber - call it wheel sub-assembly or something. Place that on the drawing for the qty to make up one wheel subassembly. Then in your main assembly place 4 wheel subassemblies and the qty will show 4 wheel subassemblies, which your other view shows contain one wheel and one shock absorber, etc.

Message 7 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:

Search this forum for an iLogic program that does this. I remember helping a user make one before.

Mike,

I know this is an old post .... but, is this the thread you were refering to?

Kirk

Message 8 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: karthur1

That link is broken, Kirk.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: mrattray

It was dead.... something went wrong with my copy/paste. Here is the full link.  I only added it to this thread for future reference if someone else comes across this issue.... which I am sure they will.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/ilogic-help-needed/td-p/3606736/highlight/...

Kirk 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report