Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor: Odd Graphics Issue

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1126 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor: Odd Graphics Issue

Hello All:

Just started having an issue in Inventor where any dialog that appears will display for a few seconds and then disappear. It's really still there but hides it self. I can move my mouse over it and parts re-appear, like buttons, text fields, etc.

I tried updating my graphics card driver several times and even replaced the graphics card. Nothing seemed to correct the issue.

Anyone ever see this before? It's happening in both Inventor 2008 and Inventor 2011.

Running Win XP Pro X64 SP2, Nvidia Quadro FX 5500, HP xw8600.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
chris.bow
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, I have suffered quite a lot with this in the past . A few times an update of the graphics card driver sorted it but it still came back eventually.  On 2011 now with a new laptop and had nothing as yet.  Others here in our office suffer too.  Have you checked the hotfix library ?  I can't be 100% but I'm sure there was a hotfix for it .

Chris.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: chris.bow

I haven't seen a hotfix for this. If anyone has, pelase let me know. I just looked through the list again.

Message 4 of 9
coreyparks

I have been fighting this for many moons.  I spent over a month going back and forth with autodesks subscription support to no avail.  We recently installed IV 2011 and we see the same issue there.  Only 2 of the 4 people here see the issue with the other 2 guys having nearly identical computers with one of them having the exact same video card as mine.  I even backed my driver to the same one he is using and I still get the issue.  In order to get around it I have moved as many dialog boxes to me second screen as I can get to stay.  The dialogs only disappear if they are over inventors grahpics display.  Also we have other applications dissappear if they are on the top of Inventors graphics display area.  So in a nut shell, from what I have seen ur screwed. 🙂

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: coreyparks

Screwed... thanks!

You may be on to something though... two screens. Same as me.

Message 6 of 9
coreyparks

The only problem I have with moving dialogs to the other screen is I lose focus.  Smetimes hit the button for a command a few times thinking it didn't work only to realize the dialod opened on the other screen.  Just can't get used to it, though it still saves time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 7 of 9
iDS!

Mouse Driver. did you get a new mouse lately or *Brand* Mouse driver update...or Windows update lately?

Kill it...use generic mouse driver.

Message 8 of 9
coreyparks
in reply to: iDS!

That was one of the fixes Autodesk put forth for me so I uninstalled all mouse drivers and used only what windows supplied.  Took me all of three minutes or so to find out that didn't work.  But now that you bring it up it was supposed to be caused by a microsoft mouse driver.  Who knows maybe it will work for you.

Corey Parks
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

So I did get a new Logitech mouse not too long ago.

I uninstalled the bloated drivers for it and am now using the default Windows mouse driver and the issue is gone!

Thanks people! You guys rock! Smiley Wink

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report