Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Graphic card Nvidia Quadro 2000 VS Sapphire HD7850

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
RobertKarlsen
2482 Views, 14 Replies

Inventor Graphic card Nvidia Quadro 2000 VS Sapphire HD7850

Hello 🙂

Im new on this forum, and my english isn`t the best....

But i will try 🙂

I have an 1.5 year old computer with specs like this:

Sapphire HD7850 graphic card

Intel core i5-3570K cpu 3.4 ghz

8 GB RAM

64 bit system

Windows 7

Now, I want to buy a "CAD" card from a friend of mine, the card is Nvidia Quadro 2000

I put it in a computer and download and install the drivers for the 3d studio max.

Then I open a inventor file and render an image.

With the new card, i can`t see that the rendering is going faster than the "old" game card.

What should i do? should i use my old graphic card or should i buy the card from my friend.

When do the quadro card works better than the other?

Greetings from Robert.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
blair
in reply to: RobertKarlsen

This is a good place to compare cards. http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 15
Logos_Atum

Due to the fact that the Quadro 2000 is quite old and it´s architecture not up to date,

you will probably be dependent on special cases to make the benefits show. I don´t

know if your Quadro has the lead in some applications but at least you can compare

the IRay Gpu supported rendering of your quadro to the Cpu only rendering with your

AMD card.

Given you switch to an openCL renderer for MAX the AMD card will beat your Quadro

thoroughly. As most of the applications are supporting direct 3D your gaming card will

probably be faster. Try Iray for the Quadro and LuxRender for OpenCL on your AMD card.

You can compare the wireframe performance as the optimized drivers tend to kick in there,

as they make far more refined use of the shaders present on the graphics card. Especially

AutoCAD should be faster.

Have a look for so called "Softmods". Those will allow you to install the FireGL drivers on

your AMD card. You will not regret that 😉

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 15
dgorsman

If this is a question about rendering in 3DS MAX, I would suggest using that specific forum, even if the object was created in Inventor.

If you are still working in Inventor, could you elaborate on what you mean by "rendering"?  The graphic card may not have an impact on some operations.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 15
blair
in reply to: dgorsman

3dMax will allow you to select which CPU and GPU cores for rendering. The more cores you have and the faster they are, the better it will be for 3dMax.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 15
RobertKarlsen
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Ok,
But how do I find the appropriate drivers?
Do you have a link?

Thanks 🙂
Message 7 of 15
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

given you meant drivers with a softmod I can recommend theese. Softmods aren´t

locked out by AMD, so don´t have a hard time to think if it´s legal or not.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1403233/amd-firepro-modded-drivers-13-152-4-whql-for-radeon-cards-11-22-2...

The post sums up pretty much all the benefits and how it´s done. Been an add to the *.inf on the Nvidia side back

when I used one of their graphics boards.

After installing those drivers you should be able to use you 7850 as you would a FirePro W5000. Not completely but

fair enough for the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gls0hlq3aXM

This is pretty much what you can expect from the Mod

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 8 of 15
RobertKarlsen

Ahh.. I will try that one 🙂

Do you know, can i download same type of driver somewhere for a AMD FIREPRO V3900 1GB card?

Thanks for help!

Greetings from Robert.

Message 9 of 15

I get an error when i installed..

Do you know why?

Attached a screenshot

-Robert

Message 10 of 15
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

sorry for the late reply - yesterday was a bank holiday in Germany so I took my time 😉

I will have a look at it in the evening. Could you please send me the vendor ID of your graphics card as well as model specs and name?

I assume all we need to do is to include it in the list of valid cards for the driver install. They refere to this list in the link to the drivers I

posted and explain how to change them.

The 3900 should be supported rightaway with the standard AMD drivers. Those you can select on the AMD page I guess 🙂

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 11 of 15
RobertKarlsen

The install seems to be fine later that day. I uninstall all of the AMD software and now it work.

🙂
Message 12 of 15
Logos_Atum

Glad to hear that 🙂 Is it solved then?

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 13 of 15
RobertKarlsen

Not actually 😛 yesterday i reinstall my pc, and now i cant install the drivers. I have tried several of times.
Where do i fint the vendor ID?
Message 14 of 15
Logos_Atum

Hello there,

sorry for replying late, I´m terribly busy at the moment. As I own a 7970 I don´t encounter those problems I guess.

Anyway, in order to get to know which GPU you actually have to add it to the list of supported cards in the driver

package download GPUZ. Start it and post a screenshot of what it displays to your follow up post.

I´ll try to add this entry in my spare- time and mail the modified list to you. Just send me a private message with your

e-mail address and a picture of you holding todays newspaper to the camera ;).

Just kidding - but seriously, just attach a screenshot and send me a message with your mail address.

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 15 of 15
RobertKarlsen

Hmm.. i can`t fint out how to send you a PM 😛

-Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report