Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Frame Generator, Revision tracking and parallel versions

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
raabebh
373 Views, 0 Replies

Inventor Frame Generator, Revision tracking and parallel versions

First off, I would like to apologize if this is a re-post. I could not find a similar issue in my searches.

I am a student involved with SAE baja, we use the educational edition of inventor to design the car roll cage, transmission case etc.. and assemble all the parts to check geometry.

We are currently revising our design from the previous year, which we have made up in the autodesk frame generator.  The problem I am having is that i want to revise this assembly without loosing the information from the original assembly. I've tried copying the assembly, saving it as a sat file and re-importing it, everything. I cannot get frame generator to keep the old frame version somewhere.

I should note that we have been editing the skeleton drawing, and keep the old copies of this. I would prefer we did not have to create a whole new roll cage for every revision, and instead just edit the part of the frame we are looking at changing.  In our case we are just editing the rear of our frame, we have 4 or 5 ideas we want to look at in inventor, run stress analysis on etc..  This is where keeping old versions somewhere, some how with the frame generator functionality would be idea. A SAT file holds onto the geometry ok, but it makes it difficult to compare BOMs etc..

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report